Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:20:00 PM
Local organizations benefit from fundraising efforts!
The Outreach Planning Committee extends Auxiliary generosity beyond ProHealth Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital to benefit local charitable organizations and special projects within our service area.
The Outreach Committee was privileged to support the following recently:
- ProHealth Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital’s Comfort Carts were stocked with sundry supplies for the comfort of patients and their visitors.
- “Baby Bookworms” books were donated for ProHealth Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital NICU parents and babies.
- A donation was made to the City of Oconomowoc’s accessible playground, Imagination Station, in Roosevelt Park.
- In 2019, donations were presented to b-CAUSE We Care, Blessings in a Backpack, Cancer Angels for Kids, Family Promise of Waukesha County, Grilling2Give, Haus of Peace, Oconomowoc Area School District, Oconomowoc Food Pantry, Oconomowoc Public Library Memory Café, Silver Streak, and Western Lakes Fire District.
- In partnership with Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in Oconomowoc, a winter coat drive benefitted Lake Country Caring with 58 new or gently used children’s coats and other winter outerwear.
The Outreach Committee considers various funding proposals and special projects throughout the year. It also represents the Auxiliary at local community events, and shares information about Auxiliary programs and volunteer opportunities along with distributing a Medical & Household Emergency Information envelope and an educational children’s coloring and activities book.