2020 was a significant year for the Oconomowoc Memorial Auxiliary. Even though the organization was challenged by a worldwide pandemic, Auxiliary efforts yielded notable accomplishments and support for various hospital and patient programs, medical scholarships, and community outreach. Thank you to all Auxilians and Volunteers for your faithful service, dedication, and loyalty to ProHealth Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital and the local community! And thank you to all friends and neighbors who supported Auxiliary events and fundraisers!
Accomplishments for the 2020 fiscal year include:
- Eat, Drink & Be Giving Wine Tasting was a new event in 2019. Its success raised thousands of dollars to aid The Wig Bank & Thriving programs offered through ProHealth Oconomowoc Memorial Cancer Center and other worthwhile hospital causes.
- Medical scholarships were awarded to seven recipients pursuing careers in the health care field.
- The Outreach Planning Committee extended aid to the following local nonprofit organizations to help our friends and neighbors in need:
- Silver Streak;
- Family Promise of Waukesha County;
- Blessings in a Backpack; and
- Lake Country Caring, recipient of a children’s winter coat and clothing drive.
- The Love Light Tree lighting ceremony was held to honor special persons and remember loved ones, with proceeds of over $8,000 designated for cancer center programs.
- Volunteers supported other fundraisers including sales featuring bundt cakes, Kwik Trip car wash cards, candy and nuts, books, and jewelry.
- Talented volunteers continued the long-standing tradition of sewing Christmas baby buntings, eyeglass cases, cancer bears, heart monitor bags, and children’s bears for patients along with knitting prayer shawls and baby caps.
- Our Jingle Mingle holiday gathering was held for volunteers, Auxilians and guests to recognize accomplishments and enjoy some holiday cheer together.
- The Gift Box Boutique was closed for a portion of the year and re-opened this summer. Despite the challenges, its sales provided funds to fulfill a portion of the Auxiliary’s annual pledge to ProHealth Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital.
While we were not able to hold the spring Volunteer Recognition banquet and the annual Style Show, Luncheon & Raffle in May, or offer our travel program, we look forward to 2021 with hope and faith that we are able to resume our activities on a limited basis when we overcome the pandemic situation.
Although our 2021 activities are impacted, we are moving forward with:
- Love Light Tree lighting ceremony on December 5 (program will be held outdoors). Remember your loved ones today!
- The Gift Box is open and offering beautiful Christmas items, clothing, and Kwik Trip car wash cards at a reduced price. Follow the Gift Box Boutique on our new Facebook page!
- And the coat drive is in full swing until November 2 with drop-offs at the volunteer house and St. Jerome’s Church.
We will also continue to plan new ways to carry out our mission. Please continue to visit our website to stay up-to-date: www.oconomowocmemorialvolunteer.org.
Thank you for your support and encouragement and all you have done to make 2020 a success for the Oconomowoc Memorial Auxiliary. We are sincerely thankful and grateful for you and your friendship and look forward to your continued support!